Dermipred 20mg 100 tablets
Treatment of inflammatory dermatitis and immune-mediated dermatitis in dogs.
Dermipred it is indicated for the symptomatic or adjunctive treatment of inflammatory dermatitis and immune-mediated dermatitis in dogs.
Active substance: Prednisolone 20mg
Prednisolone is a synthetic anti-inflammatory corticosteroid that belongs to the glucocorticoid family. The main effects of prednisolone are the same as those of glucocorticoids:
- Anti-inflammatory action: The anti-inflammatory properties of prednisolone are expressed in low doses and are explained by: - Inhibition of phospholipase A2, which reduces the synthesis of arachidonic acid, a precursor to many pro-inflammatory metabolites. Arachidonic acid is released from the phospholipid component of the cell membrane by the action of phospholipase A2. Corticosteroids indirectly inhibit this enzyme by inducing endogenous polypeptide synthesis, lipocortins, which have an anti-phospholipase action; - A membrane stabilizing effect, particularly in relation to lysosomes, thus preventing enzymes from being released out of the lysosomal compartment.
- Immunosuppressive action: The immunosuppressive properties of prednisolone are expressed at a higher dose in both macrophages (slower phagocytosis, decreased flow to inflammatory foci) and neutrophils and lymphocytes. The administration of prednisolone reduces the production of antibodies and inhibits several components of the complement.
- Antiallergic action: Like all corticosteroids, prednisolone inhibits the release of histamine by mast cells. Prednisolone is active in all manifestations of allergy as a complement to specific treatment.
Posology and route of administration:
The dose and total duration of treatment are determined by the veterinarian based on the individual case, depending on the severity of the symptoms. The lowest effective dose should be used.
- For dermatitis that requires an anti-inflammatory dose: 0.5 mg per kg of body weight twice a day.
- For dermatitis requiring an immunosuppressive dose: 1-3 mg per kg of body weight twice daily.
For long-term treatments: when the desired effect is achieved, after a period of daily dose administration, the dose should be reduced until the lowest effective dose is reached. Dose reduction should be done by therapy on alternate days and / or dividing the dose in half at intervals of 5-7 days until the lowest effective dose is reached.
Because it is a veterinary medicinal product subject to medical prescription, we request to send it to the email: [email protected]/.
You might also like