Fenistil Oral Drops 20ml
For the relief of allergic symptoms.
Fenistil Oral Drops is indicated for the treatment of:
- Symptomatic treatment of allergic skin reactions: hives and itching associated with eczema and dermatitis, if your doctor has previously diagnosed these conditions;
- Symptomatic treatment of pruritus of various etiologies: endogenous pruritus, eruptive diseases, such as chickenpox, with prior medical diagnosis;
- Insect bites;
- Symptomatic treatment of perennial or seasonal allergic rhinitis, if your doctor has previously diagnosed this condition.
Active substance: 1mg / ml Dimethindene maleate
Posology and method of administration:
Adults and children over 12 years of age:
The usual dose is 3 to 6 mg, which corresponds to 20 - 40 drops of Fenistil oral drops, 3 times a day. In patients prone to drowsiness, 40 drops of Fenistil should be prescribed at bedtime and 20 drops at breakfast.
The usual daily dose is about 0.1 mg / kg of weight. Thus, the usual dosage is as follows:
- Children from 1 month to one year old (only after medical indication): 3 to 10 drops, three times a day;
- Children from 1 to 3 years old: 10 to 15 drops, three times a day;
- Children from 3 to 12 years old: 15 to 20 drops, three times a day;
* 20 drops of Fenistil oral drops correspond to 1 ml, that is, 1 mg of dimethindene maleate.
Read the package leaflet carefully and in case of doubt or persistence of symptoms consult your doctor or pharmacist.
According to the legislation in force, medicines not subject to medical prescription in Portugal can only be delivered in the municipalities of Maia, Gondomar, Matosinhos, Porto, Santo Tirso, Trofa, Valongo and Vila do Conde. This limitation does not apply to shipments to other Member States of the European Union.