Medela Collection and feeding set for breast milk
The Medela breast milk collection and feeding set is the ideal complement for all Medela breastpumps.
This set is the ideal complement for all Medela breastpumps.
With Calm, you can feed your baby in a natural way, similar to what he learned in the breast. This allows you a smooth transition between breastfeeding and the bottle.
You can store and handle your breast milk easily with the four bottles for breast milk (two 150 ml bottles and two 250 ml bottles) and five bags Pump & Save breast milk included in the set.
All products are BPA free, so they are safe to collect, store and feed your baby with breast milk.
Instructions for use:
Breast milk bags:
Breast milk extraction
1. The attached label allows you to write information on the bag.
2. Carefully open the zipper on the top of the bag without tearing the perforated part.
3. Place the bag around the funnel ring.
4. Loosen the yellow tape by pulling at the indicated location and unfold it.
5. Run the tape over the top of the funnel.
6. Peel off the paper protrusion from the end of the tape and stick it on the opposite side of the bag. Caution: Keep the paper strip out of the reach of children (danger of swallowing).
7. Start the extraction. Do not fill the bag above the 150 ml mark.
8. When the extraction is complete, remove the bag by loosening it through the perforation just above the label area. The pleated base of the bag will allow it to stand firmly while you handle the extractor.
9. To remove the tape from the funnel, tear it off and make the top end of the bag unusable.
10. Compress the bag in the milk-free area to expel excess air, then close it.
Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before touching the chest and parts of the extractor. Avoid touching the inside of the milk bag. Clean the chest and surrounding area with a damp cloth. Do not use soap or alcohol as they can dry out your skin and cause cracks.
Bottle for breast milk:
Before use and disassemble once a day, wash and rinse all parts.
Place the parts in a sufficiently large container. Fill with cold water until all parts are completely covered. Optionally, add a teaspoon of citric acid to prevent scale formation. Heat and boil 5 minutes.
Alternatively, disassembled parts can be cleaned in the Medela Quick Clean microwave sterilization bags or on the top shelf of the dishwasher or steam sterilizer. After each use, disassemble and wash all parts in hot soapy water. Rinse with clean water and air dry on a clean towel.
Store / Thaw breast milk:
Conservation guidelines for freshly expressed breast milk (for healthy term babies)
Ambient temperature 4 - 6 hours at 19 - 26 ° C (66 - 78 ° F)
Refrigerator 3 - 8 days at 4 ° C (39 ° F) or below
Freezer 6 −12 months -18 to -20 ° C (0 to 4 ° F)
Breast milk thawed in the refrigerator for a maximum of 10 hours. Do not refreeze!