Octiset Cutaneous Spray Solution 250ml
New generation antiseptic for skin, wounds and mucous membranes.
Octiset is an aqueous antiseptic medicine for skin, wounds and mucous membranes. Contains octenidine which has a broad spectrum of antiseptic activity. It is effective against bacteria including chlamydia and mycoplasmas, fungi and yeasts, protozoa (trichomonas), viruses (Herpes simplex, HBV, HCV and HIV).
- Very good tolerability in the skin, wound and mucous membrane
- Suitable for children
- Only active substance with the potential to be used safely in premature babies
- Safe use during pregnancy
- Painless, colorless and practically odorless application
- Antiseptic treatment of traumatic injuries, acute, chronic, surgical wounds and burns.
- Treatment of vaginal infections. Treat itching, burning and discharge symptoms caused by bacteria and fungi in the vaginal area
- Before diagnosis and surgical interventions in the anogenital zone and the urogenital zone (eg before placing an intrauterine device (IUD), before prenatal, intra-natal and post-natal manipulations or before hemorrhoid obliteration) .
- Before diagnosis and surgical interventions in the oral cavity (eg before dental extractions or curettages).
- Before placing a disposable internal transurethral catheter
- For preoperative skin antisepsis, in the area close to the mucous membrane (eg before the section)
- MRSA: For an antimicrobial action, wash the entire body in MRSA colonized patients.
Directions for use:
The skin, wound and mucous membrane area to be treated should be moistened evenly with the antiseptic.
• Spray: Octiset can be sprayed directly onto easily accessible areas of the skin, wound and mucous membranes.
• Compresses: Soak the compress with octiset and place it under the skin or wound surface.
• Swab: Under aseptic conditions, the skin and mucous membrane should be rubbed with saturated swabs. Due to its anatomical and physiological state this method is recommended on the mucous membrane.
• Irrigation: octiset can also be used to wash the oral and vaginal cavities.
Read the package leaflet carefully and in case of doubt or persistence of symptoms consult your doctor or pharmacist.
According to the legislation in force, medicines not subject to medical prescription in Portugal can only be delivered in the municipalities of Maia, Gondomar, Matosinhos, Porto, Santo Tirso, Trofa, Valongo and Vila do Conde. This limitation does not apply to shipments to other Member States of the European Union.